Access - Level 1
Getting Started With Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Access Overview Database Design Theory
- What is a Relational Database?
- Screen Elements and Help
- Basic Window Elements
- Exploring Microsoft Office Backstage
- Working with The Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Working with KeyTips
- Using the Table Wizards
- Manual Creation of Tables
- Fields, Data Types and Properties
- Input Masks
- Data Validation
- Primary Keys and Relationships
- Importing from a Spreadsheet File
- Importing from a Text File
- Adding Data using the Table View
- Adjusting the Column Widths
- Using the Find Feature to Find Records
- Using the Replace Feature to Replace Text
- Using the Filter Button to Find Records
- Designing Queries
- Query Wizard Overview
- Sorting and Searching Queries
- Multi-Table Relationship Queries
- Update, Append and Delete Action Queries
- Introduction to Form Design
- Form Wizards
- Toolbox Controls
- Combo Boxes and Command Buttons
- Main/Sub Form Creation
- Creating a Menu Form
- Report Wizard
- Creating Reports
- Printing Reports
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential, whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for new users of MS Access who want to get to grips with the main features of MS Access
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, but do not need prior experience with Access
This course gives those who have little or no experience of working with MS Access a detailed introduction to this database software. During the course you will learn how to create a database with tables, forms, reports and queries. You will also gain an understanding of the advantages that using an Access Database can bring to your job role or business.
Complete Outline: 1 day
Customised Outline (Closed Courses Only): 1 day
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Our open classroom courses are held in Merseyside where we have state of the art training facilities. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead, Aberdeen and Ireland.
Closed courses can also be delivered in European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, France, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and off shore.... Either in English or local languages
We offer training solutions for all versions of Access - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.