Basic Design Tools
- Copy and paste options
- Undo and redo options
Sheet Metal Overview
- Typical workflow of sheet metal design
- Sheet metal / Inventor terminology
- Using folded and flat design methods
The Sheet Metal Environment
- Create, manage and apply sheet metal styles
- Cut shapes out of sheet metal parts
- Fold 3D sheet metal parts from flat geometry
- Use sheet metal bends
- Creating holes in sheet metal
- Create punch features
- Common modelling tools: fillet and chamfer, rectangular and circular patterns, mirrored features
- Plan your designs for better creation and editing
Part Creation Techniques
- Create sheet metal parts inside and outside the context of the assembly
- Use flat geometry created in another application
- Importing 3D geometry
Creating complex sheet metal shapes: cylinders, cones, transitions
Sheet Metal Automation
- Updating your sheet metal parts using iParts
- Using Excel spreadsheets to drive your model
- The difference between a linked and an embedded spreadsheet
- Configuring and creating custom punches in your designs
Sheet Metal within Assemblies
- Constraining sheet metal parts using iMates
- Using the skeletal modelling approach to assembly design
- Adding welded hardware to sheet metal parts
Using Flat Patterns
- Understand flat patterns and how to use them
- Use the Flat Patter tool
- Exporting flat patterns from the part file
Detailing Sheet Metal Designs
- Set up your drawing environment
- Include 2D flat patterns in your Inventor drawings
- Create flat patterns based on material thickness, bend radius and bend angle
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
Experienced Autodesk Inventor users who design and use sheet metal parts.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand sheet metal design concepts and terms
- Automate sheet metal design tasks
- Use sheet metal within an assembly
- Use flat patterns to represent a sheet metal part prior to bending
- Calculate accurate flat patterns based on your materials and equipment
Duration: 2 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.