Project - Level 1
Getting Started with Project
- The Role of Microsoft Project
- The Microsoft Project Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan
- The Gantt Chart View
- The Network Diagram/PERT Chart View
Creating a Project Plan
- How to Create a New Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Edit the Task List
- Define the Activity List
- Create the Work Breakdown Structure
- Create Summary Stages
Creating the Project Schedule
- Understand Task Durations
- Define Milestones
- Understand and Create Task Relationships
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Add Tasks to the Timeline
- Identify the Critical Path
- Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Add Recurring Tasks
- Add Notes to a Task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Understand Resource/Types
- Work with Resource Calendars and Availability
- Add Resource Costs
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finishing a Project Plan
- Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This Course is for users who are Project managers wanting to gain a basic knowledge of MS Project or users who will be creating and maintain Project plans.
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, and a basic knowledge of MS Office. No existing knowledge of MS Project is required.
This course is designed to teach you the essentials of Microsoft Project so that you can plan and manage project schedules. By the end of this course you will have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Project basics, so that you can work confidently and efficiently to generate a plan, assign resources to tasks, track progress, manage budgets and analyse workloads.
Our course timings are 09:30 - 16:30.
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Our open classroom courses are held in Merseyside where we have state of the art training facilities. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead and Aberdeen as well as in European countries such as France, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Ireland.
We offer training solutions for all versions of Project - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Project - Level 2
- Excel - Level 2
- Access Level 1
- Access Level 2